As a FinMechanics Consultant, you shall be working with capital markets, commodity/energy markets, risk and technology teams of banks. You will learn about global markets and risk management, understand business problems in this space and provide creative strategic solutions and advice to solve clients’ problems. You shall need a fair bit of mathematics and computing skills. At times, you shall need to work and query large amounts of data and/or use traditional languages like C++ and Java to solve problems and provide a scalable solution. You shall build working relationships with business sponsors, senior managers and users to resolve issues related to prioritization, requirements definition or scope conflicts. You will be responsible for delivering value to the client within time and budget.
As a FinMechanics Solutions Specialist, you shall help build solutions. You will be familiar with the functional requirements from Front/Middle/Back Office and Risk Management systems. You will learn pricing libraries, middleware, enterprise-class databases and distributed systems. You need to understand end-users needs, be proficient in development and be excited about computing. You will work on all the technologies that you think are cutting edge and choose appropriate ones based on requirements. You will be responsible for shaping the FinMechanics solutions in the post-financial crisis world.
We are an open, flat, zero bureaucracy organisation. We believe in hiring the best possible talent and empowering them to perform. We are trusting and expect to be trusted. We believe in continuous learning, experimenting and regular feedback. We are nimble footed and believe that corporate adaptability is a necessary trait in today’s fast changing world. We believe in looking at our jobs less as a job and more as an expression of our capability and creativity. We believe that long-term success does not come from short cuts and are willing to walk the necessary extra mile to reach there, while enjoying the journey.
Find Your Fit
FinMechanics offers various career paths for dynamic professionals. Some of the possible roles that one could evolve into are:
What we look for
We believe that a career in FinMechanics is a long term commitment from both sides. That works only when it is win-win for both. We typically look for:
- An implementation consultant with strong analytical skills who enjoys facing the client and solving problems.
- An inclination towards the Financial Sector.
- Strong quantitative skills and excitement with computing.
- Curious and inquisitive nature, who enjoys a steep learning curve in both structured and unstructured environments.
- Motivated to bring concrete solutions to clients with a natural interest in service quality.
- Have complete ownership of assignments undertaken and thrive under responsibilities entrusted.
- An effective communicator with the ability to think, write and present in a logical and structured way.
- A self starter who assumes responsibility naturally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to inspire and support people towards team accomplishments.
- Having lots of initiative and ability to work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment that is supportive of one’s development and recognizes achievements.
- Strong computing skills in at least one programming language.
How to Apply?
We visit a few leading educational institutes for graduate recruitments. Additionally, we are always on the lookout for individuals with a passion for Financial Markets, an aptitude for Consulting and excited by computing. To apply, please email your detailed resume to email@example.com
©Copyright 2014, FinMechanics Pte. Ltd. All rights reserved.